Provided approved garden care chemicals are used as directed on the label, they will not pose a problem to bee health.
To bee responsible
- Always read the label and follow the instructions exactly.
- Do not spray when bees are about. It’s better to apply early morning or in the evening when bees are less active.
- Do not spray directly open blooms.
Be pro-active to help bees thrive.
- Plant pollen and nectar rich species. Go to rhs.org.uk to get advice on plants that support pollinating insects.
- Scatter wildflower seeds onto a patch of bare soil to create a wildlife area.
- Plant early season flowering plants to provide forage in Spring.
For more detailed information go to our leaflet ‘Bee Informed’.