It's a beautiful time of year, with the trees changing colour. Sometimes it may seem pointless raking, when the wind blows even more leaves onto the lawn, but just think of all the lovely leafmould you can make! It's also time to start preparing for early frosts.
Top 10 jobs this month
- Plant out spring cabbages
- Harvest apples, pears, grapes and nuts
- Prune climbing roses
- Finish collecting seeds from the garden to sow next year
- Last chance to mow lawns and trim hedges in mild areas
- Renovate old lawns or create new grass areas by laying turf