As we welcome the new year, the days begin to get longer, the garden will grow and perhaps spring flowers will start to make their appearance. Now is a good time to think about planning your garden and order your seeds and plants.
Enjoy the fresh air, on dry sunny days, and check on your winter protection are still in place after any severe weather. Also put out food for birds and leave some areas a little longer, to provide shelter for wildlife in your garden.
- Prune your apple and pear trees
- Clean pots and greenhouses, ready for the spring
- Dig over any vacant plots that have not been dug already
- Recycle your Christmas tree by shredding it for mulch
- plan your vegetable crop for the coming season